Purcell Preschool + Daycare operates as a social enterprise. As guided by the BC Centre for Social Enterprise’s criteria and as engaged by our management and staff, we have two goals:
- to achieve social, cultural, communication economic, and/or environmental outcomes; and
- to generate revenue by offering a service in support of these outcomes.
Purcell Preschool + Daycare was founded to apply an entrepreneurial approach to British Columbia’s childcare crisis in the form of a pioneering engagement and operating model designed to leverage synergies, maximize efficiencies, and create positive community/sector change.
How are we doing that? In three primary ways:
- by generating extra revenue and increasing margin by including international children in our preschool cohorts:
- by reinvesting 100% of all would-be profits into our operating model in support of higher staff wages, lower fees for Canadian parents, and the best-available learning resources and amenities for the children in our care; and
- by creating cross-cultural, truly global learning and exchange opportunities for all children attending Purcell Preschool + Daycare.
Our approach is simple: at Purcell, we seek to create opportunities from issues and to turn liabilities into assets via synergy-driven approaches, initiatives, and long-term strategies.